Monday, April 19, 2010

Earth Day Thoughts

Marvelous Monday Musings
Earth Day Thoughts

Today I’m sharing some photos of items from my Etsy shop that demonstrate ways I have found to reduce, reuse and recycle.


Pictures Left to Right, Top to Bottom: 1. Melon Peach Strawberry Sherbet Scarf 2. Unlimited Possibilities Journal 3. Time Traveler Vest 4. Miss Elliette Vintage Cream Lace Dress 5. Time Traveler Vest No. 2 6. Tribal Brown Crochet Upcycle Bib Necklace Collar 7. Teal Leaves Applique Cotton Scarf 8. Black and White Fabric Collage Journal












1. Melon Peach Strawberry Sherbet Scarf - Constructed from vintage melon chiffon scarf and lace remnants.
2. Unlimited Possibilities Journal - Constructed from upholstery fabric remnant, silk flower leaf, garment labels, fabric swatch and composition notebook.
3. Time Traveler Vest -Upcycled from vintage navy pinstripe vest, ribbon, shell buttons.
4. Miss Elliette Vintage Cream Lace Dress - Vintage lace dress, lace remnants, beads, ribbon, crinkle fabric from crinkle blouse.

5. Time Traveler Vest No. 2 - Upcycled from vintage brown tweed vest, vintage brown hem tape (from Mom's stash).
6. Tribal Brown Crochet Upcycle Bib Necklace Collar - Upcycled from brown crocheted kerchief, beads, shell buttons, embroidery floss, cording sample.
7. Teal Leaves Applique Cotton Scarf - Constructed from teal slubbed cotton fabric remnant (not enough to make full scarf), magenta thread and teal appliques that have machine satin stitching in magenta, gold and purple (found these years ago in a bin at fabric store that mainly carried remnants and odds/ends from factories, etc.)
8. Black and White Fabric Collage Journal - Constructed from upholstery fabric remnant, fabric samples, garment labels, ribbon, wallpaper samples and composition notebook.


This is my tribute to Earth Day, which this year is Thursday April 22, just a few days away. When I was thinking about what I would say about Earth Day, I realized I had more to say than I have space for in this blog post. While I have more “green” practices I would like to adopt, all around me are “green” things I have done most of my life just because it makes sense.

More to come each day this week.

What do you do that's "green"?

No comments:

Post a Comment